Learning is a very fun experience for anyone with natural curiosity and an intelligent bent of mind. One needs to have a clear idea about why someone wants to learn. At the same time one needs to make sure that they know how information is to be delivered to others.
- In the technologically and digitally advanced world of today, there are e-learning courses and training provided on the internet for aspiring learners. The entire process involves constant and rigorous studying, examining and critically analyzing certain situations.
- Everyone should be open to experiment with elearning tools and softwares that are widely available. They both foster creativity. Along with the latest technology there are informative instructional design theories, models and principles that need to be kept in mind. One needs to keep his mind open for constant research and should have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Any person will be able to develop new skill sets.
- It is important to remember, especially if one is a professional, that people learn if they are not aware of the fact that they are learning. People learn quickly through personal observation and experience. Each learner needs to be able to learn at his or her own pace. E-learning is best when it is interactive, enjoyable, interesting and can retain one’s attention to it for a long duration of time. Sparks of delight are very essential.
- Learners are always concerned about the practical value of what is being taught. They are always inquisitive about the benefits that can be reaped from learning about something. They should be able to apply their knowledge in a practical world. They should also be prepared for new challenges too.
- When e-learning is taken into account one should remember that there should be a perfect balance between the design and the function so that the learners are inspired to learn.
- As an e-learner’s teacher, it is essential that the bright and inquisitive minds are constantly reinforced in a positive manner. They should have the liberty to seek knowledge instead of bringing knowledge to their doorstep. They are the ones who need to take the initiative to enquire. It is not possible for an instructor to provide the answers to every little problem in life.
- The educators need to help the online learners connect emotionally with what is being taught. This will ensure that they will be able to retain the information for a longer duration of time. The topics should be relevant and should motivate them.
These are a few things that one should keep in mind when they are either learning or educating others. Education should ideally be an exploration, an adventure. It should not become a dull obligation that causes disinterest.